Have you ever looked at a few lines of your code or a block of Blueprint nodes and asked yourself: “I wonder how long this block takes?” Well, wonder no more — measure it!
With MicroBenchmark, call Tic (in Blueprints or C++) before the block in question and Toc directly after. You instantly get a timing profile of the execution time with nanosecond accuracy. Optimize your code by comparing different implementations, find out if native C++ code is faster compared to pure Blueprints, identify bottlenecks and get a better understanding of your code’s performance.
Tutorial & Documentation | Support Forum
- v1.1 (2022-07-10): Fixed bug in seconds display
- v1.0 (2022-04-29): Initial release
- Easy measuring of C++ or Blueprint execution time
- Supports averaging results over many calls to suppress noise / outliers
- Plug and Play, with no setup
- Comprehensive documentation
- All C++ code is fully documented and source-open
- MicroBenchmarkTimer (Runtime)
Number of Blueprints: 1
Number of C++ Classes: 3
Supported Development Platforms: Windows, Mac, Linux
Example Project: Demo Blueprint actor included in plugin content folder.
Important/Additional Notes: The plugin automatically disables any performance measurement code in Shipping builds.